Making decorations for new baby's room

We recently learned we are expecting a girl, and want to do a Paris themed nursery. I am making the bedding myself, using the colors black, white and pink mostly. I am wanting to make as much of the decorations myself too (and spend as little as possible). Any ideas?

Arielles_Mommy

Asked by Arielles_Mommy at 11:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just did a paris nursery or a gal using those same colors I did the crib skirt pillows curtains and crib quilt in blck & white damask then did raspery colored accents! My fav peice was teh letters of her name done in cardboard letters decopauged in black & white scrap boook papers with rasbery colored ribbon and buttons ect. sooo cute good luck!
    You can go crazy with that combo
    JennaC2010

Answer by JennaC2010 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I made a baby banner with my daughters name. Super cute, easy.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 12:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• How about a home-made as she grow's picture frame...you know like what you see for the school years, only it would be in the shape of The Eiffel Tower & place a picture of her as she grows, starting at the base w/birth picture & go on up!!
    LaughsAlot

Answer by LaughsAlot at 1:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sounds really pretty! How about a painting of the Eiffel Tower or Poodles? I would sew the letters of her name in a coordinating fabric & hang the with Pink ribbons on the wall! Try Ebay for cute accessories for the nursery!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• There are some really easy patterns for diaper stackers/hangers. They make a cute decoration and hold like a month supply of diapers. You can use whatever fabric you make the crib stuff out of then it will match perfectly!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 7:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Make a fancy window valance.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Get Madeline books and a Madeline Doll.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Follow main color patron and try to buy items big like the rug or a frame pictures with the theme and paint the walls with 2 tones and put borders at the middle or the top of the wall.curtains and a huge teddy bear...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• These were great ideas, ladies! Thank you! :)
    Arielles_Mommy

Comment by Arielles_Mommy (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2011