Im so stressed out.......

Joreena has the worst cough(so i think as a first time mom) We took her to the ER to rule out anything serious, well apparently she has a cold. She hasnt ate but about 7 ounces all day and shes beenin her room sleepin for the last 2 hours but its broken sleep her cough keeps waking her up. I went and bought a vicks vaporizer, Im just wondering what these things are really made for, what do they do to help? I feel so helpless, today she was crying and started coughing at the same time and stopped breathing for a about 2 seconds! I threw her over my shoulder and she was fine but it freaked me out! My hubby goes to work tomorrow for 24 hours straight and Im so freaking out that it might happen again! UGH what do I do?

bethyw76

Asked by bethyw76 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take a deep breath and relax. The only difference between a cold for you and a cold for a LO is that there really isn't any medications that you can use for their comfort. The vaporizer will help keep the hair wet so that it will help keep the secretions in her chest and nose moving. I hope that she feels better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Milk or formaula will make her coughing alot worse go get pedi lite its amazing its got everything formula does but its juice easier for them to drink and swallow specialy when its cold, vicks vapor never worked for me at all unless i put it up underneath her neck and on her temples and then it seemed to help, but if its cold where u are take her outside for 10 to 15 mins and let her breathe n the cold air idk what it is but my lil girl has had croup twice and everytime it works amazing!! or if its not cold out open ur freezer n let her breathe tht cold air in, and also keep her proped up a lil not laying completly flat, well i hope i cld help a lil good luck let me kno how she is
    Ashley2810

Answer by Ashley2810 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I often feel that way you can read about it at www.jugglingmama.com
    JennaC2010

Answer by JennaC2010 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Read the following to help you along the way. The website is pretty good. 

How should I treat my baby's cold?

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2011