How do you juggle cooking healthy for your family when you work all the time!

JennaC2010

Asked by JennaC2010 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I use my crock pot ALOT. I put my roast, chicken etc. as well as potatos in there and set it on low. When I come home the main course is done. Just whip up a salad or veg and we're ready to eat. Great for soups and stews also.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Try preparing your food when you get home and the chaos has ended. when you do, freeze it for the next night or whenever and have someone or yourself pop it in the oven when dinner time comes and viola!
    mama_jama408

Answer by mama_jama408 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• ~*Pre-Prepare*~... been there done that! not to mention when someone falls ill, I find it helpful/respectful to give them pre-prepared meals they can just pop into the oven!!! Or the crock pot is awesome!

Love those disposable tinfoil dishes, because than there is less mess to clean up after too...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Planning! I have to have a weekly meal plan, including snacks. On the weekends, I cook and freeze beans, brown rice, burritos, soup/stew/chili. I keep my freezer well stocked with chopped vegetables, that can go into stirfries, sauces, etc. Dinner is on the table in 20-30 minutes.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Great time management skills! I love the Weight Watchers cookbook it is full of recipes that my family likes, they are super easy to make and are not time consuming. I set down during the week, look through my cookbooks, make a menu and then buy all my stuff that weekend. I refuse to let a busy schedule be an excuse as to why my family cannot eat healthy well balanced meals.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2011