Help with Biting, pinching, and throwing things!!!!

My 15 month old son has started hiting, biting, pinching, and thowing things. It just happened all of a sudden... I dont know what to do, Im soo frustarated with him. any advace tip to get him to stop, anything my older son never did this, and Im afraid if I dont stop it now my 4 year old will start too! Any help??? Thanks!

thelessfamily07

Asked by thelessfamily07 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Biting and pinching I actually did back to my child. It took once or twice of me biting or pinching and saying that we don't do ... b/c it hurts and see and follow through. The throwing I take away whatever was misused and I put the toy or item in timeout for 24 hours.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My son does all of the above plus pulls hair. He is almost 13 months old. I don't know how to handle it either. Most I can do is be patient with him. The more you tell my son no, the more he will do it. If I just ignore it, he sees it isn't getting him any attention then just goes about his business.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 12:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I have tried the pinching and biting back, and my son giggles... he thinks its funny, and i know what your thinking, well you didnt do it hard enough, well I did (as hard as I felt comfortable hurting a 15 month old) and When I ignore it he headbutts things, and he usually is a really happy go lucky baby, this just started about a week ago...
    thelessfamily07

Comment by thelessfamily07 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I discovered with my dd when she bites me or hits me, or throwing things like she is he next pitcher for the Mets, is too put her in her room take ALL toys from her room, we ended uo getting a toy box soits easier to collect toys and lock it so she can't get inside. She hates being put in there cause she can't see anything and feeling left out. I know about the time out and only use time for 2 min, but it didn't work, so i kept her in there fior 5 min and that seemed to work ALOT better. Its taken time, but there is a noticeable difference, and just carry thru everytime.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011