When u send an invitation?

if more than family lives in that house do u send more than one invitation?

my sister's in law live in same house. and my cousin in law still lives with her parents. when i send invitations for my girls things i usually just send the one invitation with all their names on it. well everytime one of the sis in laws says she didnt get an invitation and the cousin says she wasnt invited so she doesnt know if she is gonna come. but she always does just lets me know she had to find out from her mom. (hello they live in the same house!) the only time i sent separate invitations was when we got married, cause it had a pic of me and hubby in it. i do this with my side of the family and have never had complants. so am i wrong to not want to have to buy a ton of invitations when they will be going to the same place?

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• i usually send more than one invite just to make sure that the person knows the are invited
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You are not wrong! have you tried putting sister in-law and family on the invitations?
    mama_jama408

Answer by mama_jama408 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i use to put and family, but the would get mad. so now i put everyones name on it (sis in law, her two kids, and hubby and other sis in law. then aunt and uncle and cousin in law) but it doesnt matter what i do they still complain. with the wedding invitaion cousin in law got mad cause i didnt put "plus one" so she couldnt bring anyone. not that she was dating anyone.
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• If you put everyone's name on the envelope and invitation, then the onus is on THEM to actually read the damn thing and they have NO right to get mad at you or complain about anything.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• its better to give individuals invitations with one name per family because they can feel uninvited.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• if it as all their names actually on it, then it sounds to be that this bunch is missing a few IQ points, or someone is opening it and everyone else isn't told properly.

If I remember correctly, Emily post says to send one to each adult.

but I do agree with you, if you list everyone's name it doesn't make much sense for them to think they weren't invited.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• thanks ladies:) i guess i just have picky in laws * shrug* i'll never make them happy no matter what i do : /
    teddybear2272

Comment by teddybear2272 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No, they are being ridiculous.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 2:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i send invite per house
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011