What kind of baby formula do you use if you are supplement on the side?

I ask because I was a working mother but wasn't able to pump enough milk at work while gone 8 hrs a day for my baby, so I had to supplment. And the first 3 weeks my baby didn't gain any weight she dropped while just nursing.

The blue sheild semilac I believe actually made my baby very fussy and have gas. I heard this from a bunch of mothers. But I used it because it was most like breastmilk.

I heard the semilac organic works wonderfully.

What do you think? I am going to try to just breastfeed I am a stay at home mom now that I have my 2nd baby. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Simalc (?) is wonderful, I used it with my dd. If your little one is having problems, try the gentle-ease however they spell it. I tried to BF my dd but the panic and stress dried me up and I couldn't do after about a month. If there is a still a problem, take thenm to the doc, might have an allergy. And no offense, but I don't care what labels say when it reads "just like breast milk". They have to process the formula nio matter how thery do it. There is no chemicals in BM or processing.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's trial and error. Use what baby will accept. There is no "best." They're much of a muchness.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Enfamil Lipil :)
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 4:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It really depends. What works for one baby, might upset another baby's tummy. Even siblings.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011