How often do you breastfeed how many hours apartis normal?

I will be home with my baby so I can nurse and keep it up. But I want to know how many minutes apart my baby wanted to just nurse it seemed every hour to 2 hours I was constantly nursing as if I wasn't giving her as much as what she wanted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when she was newborn about every hour to 2 hours then she went to about every 3
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• She ate what seemed like constantly until my milk came fully in. Now, at 4 weeks she eats about every 3 or four hours.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 5:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My daughter ate every hour and a half for 8 months round the clock because she was not sleeping through the night. My son is 4 months old and eats between an hour to 4 hours during the day and sleeps through the night.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 9:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Toss your clocks. ALL intervals are normal! Count dipes, not hours. 6-8 per day.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• newborn maybe every 2 hrs. I started to pump instread of breastfeeding, b/c once I bf it will take a long time for my supply to come back. So I pump instead and I have more milk that way and hubby and help
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• With a newborn, you WILL be nursing very often. It's normal, and desired, as this constant demand is what builds your supply. Nurse on demand, for as long as baby wants, and count diapers. 6-8 diaper changes in a 24 hour period (after 1 week of age) means baby is getting plenty.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Constantly. Ignore the time. It says nothing about if your baby is getting enough.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• like others have said feed on demand. dont watch the clock. the only way to tell if baby is getting enough is diapers
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011