What would you do?

I am saying you..

with a 3 year old little boy who has a fever of 101.3 its not enough to go to the dr and get anything done.

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 1:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• give him a luke warm bath and see if that breaks the fever but it should at least let him get a little bit of relief.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 1:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would watch him closely and let him sleep it off! 102 I would give him some tylenol!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• you know fevers are not a bad thing, its what kills the bacteria or infection, just keep a close eye on it and give him some motrin or tylenol which ever you prefer, i myself like motrin. .. . . . I set my alarm too because i am afraid i wont wake up to check on their fevers, i worry like that so i will set it for every 2 hours and wake up and check them then strangley enough i sleep more sound
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Watch him closely and try to get the fever down. Why can't you take him to the Dr?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• and i mean i sleep more sound knowing that i am going to be waking up soon to check on them in a bit and it makes me worry less. . . .
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• 101.3 is enough for me to take my child to the doctor. He could have an ear infection, strep...
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i know that the fever isnt high enough on its own is not enough to be a problem. he has a slight cough that comes and goes.

I have laid with him for hours all day so i am way way to awake right now. I probably will be for hours.. right now he is refusing most things so i am just staying awake and hovering whenever i can... watching and listening... whenever i can get him a drink or give him a bath... hold him give him something to eat... but right now he wants to be left alone :(.. so i just watch and wait
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would give my Son something to bring the fever down, keep Him hydrated, watch Him closely, try to get Him to nap a bit.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• plenty of fluids, tylenol or advil for fever and maybe a humidifier if his room is dry
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2011