Do you think it's sad how many mothers stop breastfeeding even when they can but don't want to?

I always hear this "It hurts too much." I feel uncomfortable." " It's too demanding." " I don't think I make as much." " Most women stop at 4 months so why go farther?

It's so sad because babies love to nurse. They are born into this world to start breastfeeding right away. I love being a mom and wouldn't ever change it. I thought I didn'tmake as much as I wanted and tried for a year everyday! It was like my new goal. I nursed every day and never missed one day I am so proud of myself. Even though I used formula too I still nursed. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont think so, we live in a modern world and just because you choose not to doesnt mean you love your baby any less, i tried with my son and it just wasnt happening, i did it with my daughter and she latched on right away and i hated it, i have the biggest boobs ever and it was awkward and uncofrtable and if i didnt sit just right i smothered her, it was a pain and yes at times very painful, would i change it no but if i had another baby i wouldnt do it again thats for sure, and I love my children more than anything, happy mom happy kids, happy kids happy mom, and so on and so forth, its all about what you as a parent are comfortable with and what you think you are good at not what others think
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• As long as the child is taken care of properly, I don't see the big deal.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No. It's a personal choice. Formula and breast milk are equivalent. If you don't believe me I will be more than happy to post proof after proof for you with links and everything provided as well. You can say that your child is healthier than the kid with formula, but tbh every single bit of the difference has to do with the pregnancy, not with formula or breast milk.

Don't look down at people because they choose formula. It's their choice and it's not hurting their child.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I breastfeed all of mine until they were weaned , lol, my youngest was the hardest to break ! and i think it was so much easier to breast feed !
    Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm definitely pro-breastfeeding, and it irks me to hear things like that, but I know I can't really do anything about it. I think it irks me more when someone comes to me for advise about it, then they don't take any of the advise and say that they "couldn't" breastfeed anymore. THAT really bugs me. It also bothers me that so many women are not properly educated about breast feeding, pregnancy, child birth, etc. I almost killed one of the nurses at the hospital I had to deliver in (I wanted a home birth, they're illegal in my state) because she kept telling me my baby was latched wrong, and tried moving her. I knew she was latched properly, but after going through them taking DD and giving her bottles (when we told them NOT to), it took almost a month to get her to latch right again. It pisses me off that they continue giving that sort of "advise" to BFing mothers, and the mothers don't realize the nurses are wrong.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well I didn't do it with my daughter and she is perfect! She is 3 yrs old happy ,healthy,loved & has NEVER EVER been sick not even once with any thing. I love her with all my heart and do not consider it sad that I did not breast feed??? I personally think that some people take it way to seriously & look down on mothers who dont. It does not bother me tho because I know she is loved beyond love and taken care of to the fullest . Lets focus on loving our own children and not worry about women who choose not too do it. Either by choice or what ever reason
    bubbaelea22

Answer by bubbaelea22 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I DON'T KNOW WHY SO MANY GIRLS GET MAD JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS ASKING A QUESTION LIKE DO U THINK ITS SAD SOMEONE DOESNT BREASTFEED WHEN THEY STILL CAN.
    IN MY OPINION IRESPECT PEOPLE THAT TRIED AND COULDNT DO IT BUT I THINK IS SAD WHEN PEOPLE DONT EVEN TRY..
    YOU COULD SAY BREASTMILK AND FORMULA ARE THE SAME THING BUT LETS ME REAL FORMULA ITS A FORMULA PUT TOGRTHER LOL AND BREASTMILK IS 100% NATURAL....
    lOViNMOM2211

Answer by lOViNMOM2211 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• What I think is sad is when people don't mind their own business
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think it's sad that peopel try to judge me when they don't know me. I think it's sad this this 'holier than thou' attitude exist. I think it's sad that this, of all things, bothers you.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think you should mind your own buisness.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2011