If heaven and hell really do exist.......

I've never died. But from what I understand, once we die, that's it. Nothingness. our brain functions no longer work. This means we cannot see or hear. So I'm just wondering why people think after death you fly up to heaven or fall down to hell? I mean how do you know anyway? You cant see anything or feel anything after you die. Please no bashing, though I know I might have started trouble lol. I've been pondering death lately and have been questioning the concept of afterlife. I do actually believe something happens. I have experienced paranormal activity in the past and it was enough to convince me something must happen

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think that we are all just full of ideas we dont really know its just a guess and here say, we will all find out soon enough, I hope its something great though my little sister just recently died and I wish nothing but the best for her because I am sure she would rather be here with us and her 3 boys than in nothingness, so my fingers crossed and lots of hope for her that there is something wonderful on the other side
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 1:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I dont know , But from what I belive ,our soul lives on ...... I do not belive in hell , I think That is a man made thing ,and yes I know I probly just started a bunch of shit , but that is what I feel to be true.
    Stormy7

Answer by Stormy7 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss Emleejanedom :o(
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I was once asked if I believe there is a place for people wo did bad things and I replied with a simple "yes". I believe in karma. Usually the ones who do really bad things end up in jail or something bad happens right back at them. Sometimes something as simple as dying alone and they acknowledge it. He wanted me to say "yes I believe we all burn in as lake of fire and get stabbed by demons. I dont believe in THAT version of hell lol I believe we make our own hell.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• sorry fr my bad spelling, it is almost 2 am lol I just got home from work
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The only people who know are dead.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I believe in Heaven and I believe in Hell. I cannot fathom the idea of a "lights out" death. I believe that this life is only the "trial period" where we get to have the freedom to decide to either follow God and accept Jesus as the son of God and live on in Heaven after this life, or not and die an eternal death.
    I know that this is a very cut and dry way to talk but I thought I'd just get to the point for ya.
    sissy15

Answer by sissy15 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No one knows. Its just the "idea" of continuing on. It is fear of having nothing after this life that makes up the theories.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• If you don't know or don't believe what the Bible has to say, then this is a tough question. I am a believer, so I absolutely believe there is life after death. How YOU will spend your life afer death depends up on your relationship with God now. Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die." The Bible says that there will be a resurrection of the good and of the evil. Some will arise to honor and some to shame. I often hear, "How could a loving God send anyone to hell?" Remember that God is always calling people to Himself. He sends signs such as the sun, the moon, and the seasons to show us that His love is there. He also sends out preachers, teachers, and evangelists to warn those who are living contrary to God's will and to encourage those people to come to Him. It's up to them to decide.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2011