What do you say when there hurting?

My stepsons mom moved 3000 miles away from her son two years ago and is missing a son grow up. He is a really great kid, but just latly hes been saying rally hatful thing about his real mom. I think hes just mad at her for moving away from him. When he feels like that I never know what to say to him. I don't like to see any of my kids hurt. What can I say to help him feel better?

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is really nothing u can say, except hugging him and loving him, just don't agree with him about his SM when he is saying ba things about her cause u r right and he is mad at her for leaving.

hugs

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• just tell him that you love him and your sorry he has to go through this, but no matter what you do he will still be hurt that his mother moved so far away. and let him call her when ever he wants and dont agree with him on the bad things he is saying about her because no matter what he still loves and cares for his mom
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 2:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Words will not be the key thing. But actions will be. Send care packages on a regular basis. Ask mom what he needs too....get in good and play nice so she doesn't think you just send him junk. But sending him little items lets him know he is not forgotten and missed very much. Send letters and cards in the mail. Have siblings do the same. I know we have e-mail, testing, and cells - but mail is exciting and takes effort. They know this. Of course calling and perhaps setting up a way to video chat with a computer camera.  Actions here are going to be the thing.  Even have something sent to his school from you guys on special occassions to be delivered to his class.  Let the school know to expect the package.  Miles apart is hard.  But the love doesn't thin with the distance.  Yes, it is harder and more work.  Show him routinely he is worth the hard work.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2011