I just have an issue with the last line but all in all it is informative!

What are you thoughts about

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/116633/new_circumcision_research_is_changing?result?

I think it is a very informative article but I have a problem with the last part:

"I would hope the kid always carried a condom, but as a former teenager, I also know that's not realistic. So yes, this throws a monkey wrench in the argument when you start thinking about the safety of your own child."

I would hope ANY kid would always carry a condom, or heck any man for that matter, not just uncircumcised boys/men. My husband and I used condoms until we were married, I know hard to believe since we were both in high school but it is possible! Teach your kid to wear a condom no matter what condition his penis is in.

dragonqueen

Asked by dragonqueen at 3:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Yeah, it's kinda sad when you can say, not only do I expect my teenager to be having sex but i expect them to be as unresponsible about it as possible.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 4:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My 18 year old daughter is involved in her first sexual relationship.  Her boyfriend was also a virgin so the chances of any STD's are practically zero.  She is on the pill but they also always use condoms. 

I have always provided honest communication with my children.  They know they can talk to me about anything without fear.  They know they won't be in trouble and they won't be judged or criticised. 

It is so important for your children to know they can trust you with their problems. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2011