its kinda long but please any advice would be helpful!

okay i have a 4 1/2 month old (differnt father) and i have been with my current bf for a year now. hes been there every step of the way. well i am in VA and he is now in TX goin to school. well i went to visit him late oct early nov.....and now i think im pregnant (taking a test next week). well my daughter is currently on my parents insurance and i am on theirs too. well my question is....we arent sure where to even begin on how to plan for things. i am goin to texas in january to go to school there. does anyone think we should get married or will that complicate things since we are both in school, on our parents insurance, and already have a baby. any thoughts?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• idk you should probably get your own insurance.
    Anonymous

• First, how old are you? How is your daughter on your parents' insurance unless they have custody of her? I wouldn't rush into marriage just because you could be pregnant. Get married because you love each other and want to spend the rest of your lives together. Also, just because you're in school doesn't mean you can't be married. If you're afraid marriage is going to complicate things, it's probably not for you right now.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 10:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• actually..we are planning on getting married anyway. we just dont know when. i have actually said to him i dont know why we shouldnt get married. we want to be wtih each other we really love each other and everything. i am 19 btw almost 20. and my daughter is on their insurance they have legal guardianship of her for JUST this purpose. just the legal part of it not physically. And we know we can be married while in school. we were thinking of gettin an apartment together on campus in a married one (its a christian college so only way to live with each other is to be married or off campus)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you get married you will have to pay for your own insurance. Do you work or are you a full time student? I don't know what kind of insurance programs your state offers if you are not employed and receiving insurance from the employer. My advice to you is to wait until you find out if you are pregnant to make any decisions. Your inclination right now is to fix the problem, but you might not even be pregnant and you don't want to jump the gun. Can the two of you afford the insurance that you need?
    It might be best to wait until the little angel is born and save as much as you can.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yeah true. i dont even know like how much insurance is. i mean where is the best place to get insurance?
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Insurance is expensive. Don't rush into marriage just to live together or because of a baby. Finish school first and leave the guys on the back burner. I've been there done that and I regret not finishing school first and putting a guy first. I'm working my tail off to finish school and it is NOT easy. You have insurance now without having to worry about applying for state assistance, marriage can wait. I married my husband at 20 and it has turned out to be the worst decision I ever made. He's very controlling and has been physically abusive. I had enough and put him in jail one nite. Now we're going through a divorce and he's being a jerk. I wish I would've waited, I'm 24 now and a totally different person than I was back then. Put your daughter and school first!
    Anonymous

• A lot of schools offer insurance through the school. i went to a state university and they offered pretty cheap insurance, i think per semester it was around 250...but that is in georgia...if you want to get married, find out if you are eligible for medicaid, as a full time student you would be but i don't know if the timign and all,...

are your parents going to keep her in VA or are you taking her to texas with you...just curious.
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 11:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008