Why does he......?!?!

Why does my husband have to think that emotions are so bad? I am an emotional person I always have been. My parents never understood why I cried so much, I would cry over anything! And I still do, I don't understand it and wish I could change it, but in my 24 years I have not found anyway to stop my crying. I am serious, I believe crying is a good form of emotion but I really do cry waaayyy too much, about literally anything! But he says mean things to me (he says the only way to make me stop sometimes is by saying something mean....wrong I know, but not the subject right now) and expects me not to cry. He thinks I shouldn't cry about anything! Like tonight, I was asking him a question he didn't like and he said I was a problem. Hurt my feelings and I started crying, he from there started signing about me crying and how stupid it is. He does such hurtful things and I just don't understand!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• IMHO you need to look at it from his point of view. Crying to men is usually a sign of weakness, it hurts some to see a female cry, while others feel that it is a way for a woman/female to get what she wants. And sorry to say, but yea, over emotional women tend to get on peoples nerves. My best advice is to talk it over with a counselor. You have to learn how to control your emotions. Crying is good for the soul sometimes, however, when it's done all the time, over just about anything, not only can it drain you but it can also drain the ones around you. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:27 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Regardless of you crying all the time he shouldn't be doing hurtful things to you. I would be crying too if my dh treated me like that. If he knew this about you before you got married then he should have dealt with it then. I agree that you should perhaps go to a counselor. But just because you cry all the time and are emotional does not give your dh the right to treat you like that. I think that you both should see a counselor together.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• do more exercise and ignored him .Dont cry more than once a month...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sounds a little imature on his part. Maybe he just doesn't know how else to deal with emotions besides being an ass.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My dads a retired marine and believe me when I say I understand. I am a little emotional and do cry when I am sad or things upset me. My dad would tell me I was not allowed to cry or come to him with a problem if I was going to cry. I never understood it and would cry more and cry to my mom. She finally told me she knew the secret of men haha. She told me men are fixers. They dont want to see us crying or upset. They want to know what they need to do to fix what is upsetting us. They dont like is acting out emotionally because that doesnt fix the problem, it wastes time.

Answer by gemgem at 11:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Men in our society are taught to shove their feelings inside, hold them in or blow up in anger. It's really not his fault or yours and i'm sorry your parents didn't understand you either. I really think the right counselor could help, or read Men are from Mars Women are from Venus. (by John Grey) One of the best relationship books ever! Good luck!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 25, 2011