An 8 yr. old has a heart attack

I just seen where a 8 yr. old boy had a heart attack at school & goes into cardiac arrest. How is that possible?

Honda309

Asked by Honda309 at 6:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• There is a flaw in the working of his heart. It might not be from long hard use and abuse like an older person but it does occur.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• he may have had some other problems, or they may have been unseen and this was the result of it. I know we often hear of it happening to only older people but i am sure depending on ones health that it can happen at any age.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I lost two friends when I was younger due to a stroke....neither one was over 23. When we were in grief counseling we were told that just because we are young does not mean that we are immune....it's really scary when you think about it.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• If there is an unknown heart defect, this can happen. Age is not an indicator of anything.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• do you have a link by chance?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• he may have other underlying health problems which the school should know about
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011