Opportunity

This is an opportunity for the network and writers of Two and a Half Men to educate and illustrate what the life that they promoted on their show can lead to. The life of drugs, alcohol and indiscriminate sex was glorified on the show. Sheen lived it in his real life and it destroyed him. He is an addict. They could show him in this light and how with strength and support he could overcome it. Or they could show him ending as many do: death, in prison, estranged. There is an opportunity for them to educate and perhaps help someone.

Will they step up and take it?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 6:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• I certainly hope that they aren't considering something like that. OP, I hope that you aren't a sitcom writer. I'd hate to see a sitcom moralizing to me
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The show is a show. I don't know. I think the show is fine. The question Charlie Sheen is if this show is the healthiest for him to be doing. That is his choice. I personally think that the show is not healthy for him and perhaps many parts of the celebrity lifestyle that he has come to embrace (that side of the industry) is obviously not healthy for him. At the end of the day part of recovery is making decisions that will provide you the opportunity for a more healthy life. From the reports being circulated - it doesn't appear Mr. Sheen is really ready to commit to those types of changes. It's a shame, I view him as talented.  I have all the empathy in the world for him and hope one day he can have peace and contentment.  I can't see how he is a happy man right now.  My heart also goes out to his family. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• But it is his right to work and continue to make the choices he views as right for him. Even if the rest of the sane world knows those are unhealthy - addiction is a true bitch.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2011