Do you consider nascar a sport ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 7:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• not in the same way as football but yes I do
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:08 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• why wouldnt i? auto-racing IS a sport so it doesnt really matter what other people consider it. in the same way you need to be healthy & fit to play football or baseball you need to be healthy & fit to drive a car over 200 mph.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yes, it's a sport.Those drivers have serious fitness and skill. Mind you, so do firefighters. That said, I would not want to see auto racing of any kind introduced to the Olympics. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No. Not at all. My husband does though. I just pop my head in usually from the kitchen and say LEFT TURRRRRRRRRRN!!! LEFT TURRRRRRN!! LOOOK ANOTHER LEFT TURN!

Answer by gemgem at 8:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• On a different level, yes. I know it requires major skills as well as they have to be super fit. (ever seen a fat nascar driver?) I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around calling it a sport per say. I just can't some up with another word so sport it will have to do.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Absolutely! I think it takes a lot of skill to be able to go between 150-200 mph, & be w/ in inches of the cars next to you, that are going the same speed! *Fav. Drivers are Dale, Jr & Carl Edwards :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• yes
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Announcer says... : It's another left turn......and he makes another left turn! Another left turrrrn" ....Uh nope! I can drive in circles at high speed out here in the country. Not that big of a deal.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I do -
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011