Baby shower question...

im having a baby shower for myself in a couple of months and I need an etiquette question answered... im having about 25-30 guests ( estimated) in my house for a small casual party.. now about 50% of the guests have multiple kids .. im planning this with my stepmother and we dont want it to turn into a kiddie party... do you think ppl would be insulted if we put on the invites something like we love your kids but dont bring them.. obviously the wording will be nicer than that ... THOUGHTS PLEASE ! thanks!

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Entertainment

• Feel free to say that it's adult only. Every mother, no matter how much she loves her children, enjoys a social event among adults only sometimes. :) Hope everyone understands and that you have a wonderful time. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You can put it on there. Its been my experience people really dont bring kids to a baby shower anyway. The only time they have is when they themselves have a baby and then it really isnt much of a problem. You will run the risk of course of alienating some would be party goers.

Answer by gemgem at 8:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• also i should mention my own 2 kids will be sent off somewhere with the dh
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2011