Anyone know how to get vomit out of mattresses?

GGRRRR I despise the cold/flu season

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 8:20 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• oh, gross. i would have toss the matress. next time make sure you have a nice thick matress cover. ..and make sure you TELL your kids how important it is to make it to the bathroom or you could leave a vomit bucket by their bed.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• im not sure.. bleach maybe? def invest in a mattress cover lol good luck
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I know of a couple of enzyme sprays that should do the trick. One takes care of all the organic matter and if that doesn't take care of it, there's another that takes care of the bacteria that cause odour. Beyond that, I really can't suggest anything else.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:31 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Forgot to mention that the child at hand is 3. He is a VERY flip-floping sleeper. I HAD a mattress cover on it but he must have tossed and turned enough that it pulled off the corner. I am soooo getting a zip- up mattress cover
    familynsni

Comment by familynsni (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Get some regular spray cleaner and a sponge or towel and clean it that way. Then see if you know anyone who has a steam cleaner with attachments for furniture. Use that to pick up the rest of it, and as long as you use really hot water too itll kill any germs. Worst case scenerio go rent one and get the attachments.

Answer by gemgem at 8:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2011