Any proud moments?

What is a moment that your child/children just made you sit back and say " MAN I'VE GOT A GREAT KID" Or a moment that just made you cry because your child did something extrememly sweet?

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 8:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Many, I was praised on how well they had been brought up at school all the time, they were very well behaved!

Answer by older at 8:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• yea it happened to me the other day..i was in the shower the other morning and the doorbell must have rang so when i got out i didnt see my ds who is 3 1.2 so i go downstairs and hes standing by the door saying to the men who have been painting our house all week i cant open the door until my mommy says i can.. i was so proud of him.. i was always afraid he would just run and open the door to anyone while i wasnt watching but he must be listening to some of the things i say.. at least the important things
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• everytime my three year old tells me she loves me. she doesnt just say it . she says hey mom? and i say what and she says ya know what? i loove you its soo sweet
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i know it says school aged kids but my two year old dd still makes me proud.
    she's super attached to my father. recently he came down with a bad cough/cold. and when she heard him coughing she ran over to the dishwasher to grab a clean cup, then over to our water cooler to fill it up, and made her way upstairs to his room to give it to him.
    and she told him "here Poppop. *hand's him the cup* Drink it! Like this *makes drinking motion*" and after he drank it he pretended to cough again, so she ran over to pat him on the back asking, "Are you ok? Are you ok Poppop?"
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Almost every day something comes up. Seriously.

One of my favorite memories though - my then 5 yr old son was participating in a fun-run in our district. He was running his little tail off and determined to finish the 1/2 mile route in the best place he could. He's not an athletic kid so the simple fact he finished was huge. As the runners started coming down the home stretch one kid fell. FIVE other kids dodged him and kept going. My son stopped. He held out his hand to the fallen runner, pulled him up, helped him dust off his knees and asked if he was ok. He only started running again once he was sure this other boy (who he did not know) was ok. Logan came no where near the place he had hoped to be in that day, but he was the winner in my book. I still tear up thinking about it. What an awesome kid he is. I adore him.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• And because I can't brag on one kid but not the other, my daughter has a heart of gold that just astounds me daily. She's got such an amazing sense of empathy and has a tendency to gravitate to the one person that needs a little extra kindness. It's something she's done regularly throughout her entire 6 years of life. IF there's a kid at school having trouble adjusting, Meg's right there to befriend and bolster. She's constantly offering up encouraging words to people. It amazes me how much love she has in that little heart of hers.

As smart as both kids are and as well as they do academically, it's their kind hearts that swell me with pride.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• jack has autism and i was impressed to near tears when he sat perfect for a professional haircut.
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 3:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We are sooooo super proud that our daughter (who is 2 years old) has learned to say please if she wants something and thank you when she receives something. It is awesome and our friends, family or when we are out in public love it as she is so genuinely sweet when she says it :-)
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• When another mom at school praised how well my son handles his food allergies, I felt really good. Her daughter is fighting her allergies, which are much more severe, and I can only imagine how hard it is for both of them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:57 PM on Mar. 1, 2011