With Gas Prices as high as they are?

Do you and your family do as much as you have in the past or have you cut down on going places?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Travel

• OMG! We don't go anywhere or do ANYTHING like we udes to. It has really taken a toll on us. We have had to get creative just to cope. We used to drive to the coast like once a month, or go to portland or at least to the movies. Now it's Netflix, or the front or back yard. It's taught me to be thankful for what I do have.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 10:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We dont really go anywhere right now anyway lol. We have cut down though on any ideas of trips that are more then an hour away.

Answer by gemgem at 8:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I hate traveling in the car, so no, nothing has changed for me.

Answer by older at 8:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We are a one car family. We live within walking distance of my dh's work and many children's activities. This is all done consciously. We never pay attention to gas prices. We need gas about every 2 weeks or so (if not longer). I should mention that we have a small car with excellent gas mileage, again by design.

So, to answer your question, no, gas prices have not changed our travel plans in any way, shape or form. ;)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We dont really go anywhere anyway. Havent had a vacation is 2 years. So nothing is changing for us.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We'll still go to the things we have planned on. In the spring hubby and I go to Atlanta for a business (he goes for business, I go for a break and to hang out with him in the evenings) and it's a work expense so we are reimbursed from his work for that. As for a trip with the kids, we tend to take more local trips than long ones, they aren't road trip people. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• much less
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Things really havent changed for us but we live in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully my dhs work gave him an impala and a gas card so hes the only one who travels alot.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• way cut down
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We have not cut down at all, and really cannot afford to cut down on driving... I still have to drive to/from work 5 days a week, to/from an internship 1 day and 2 nights a week, and to/from class 2 nights a week. Those are things that are a "must" for me right now, even though my wallet is feeling it!
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 12:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011