Anybody have one of those "Kids say the darndest things" moment?

Sometimes kids can say some off the wall things!!! Tell me your guys most embarrassing or funny things that your children have said!!!

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 8:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• When I was Pregnant with my second child. My first would go up to ANY woman and pat her belly and say 'awe, do you have a baby in there?' I mean *any* woman. We had to be fast to catch him when he started towards people!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I will never forget something funny my now 11 year old daughter said when she was 2. I was taking a shower. She came into the bathroom, pulled the shower curtain back, and proclaimed "rain."
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My son doesn't consistently talk yet. And about 2 weeks ago I picked him up from preschool and said, "Do you want to go to Walmart?" His response was "no money, no money".. I could have died laughing.

mrs.bug

Answer by mrs.bug at 9:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I can think of two embarassing moments off the top of my head....
    1- We took dd to tumbling classes one night a week last winter. One time when we were leaving an obese woman was standing outside by her car having a cigarette. My dd stopped dead in her tracks, looked at the woman and said "Mommy, why is that woman so FAT!" I was mortified and pushed her along to the car. I told her that it wasnt nice to say that about someone b/c it could hurt their feelings and make them cry.
    1- We were in Walmart buying movies and we walked my a dwarf. I was ahead of dd and dh and knew something was coming. DD says to her dad (right in front of the man) "Daddy that man is so LITTLE. Hes little like ME! " I was again embarassed and explained to her that he was little but that was who he was and its not nice to say.

Both times she was just being honest lol I was taken by surprise and def emabarassed hahhaha
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• my dd was asked by her teacher "what do we do with a clock?" she said nothing.
    when the teacher told me i had to laugh
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• we have friends who come over that are African American....ds doesnt know thier names yet so its...."Hi Black man" "Bye Black man!"
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I was staying w/ my DD a few months ago and I smoke( I know Nasty) and I would go outside to smoke. One day my DD asked my 5 yr.old Grson Brandon where is Mamaw and he said " Ole noking granny's on the porch". From then, on thats what he called me.LOL.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 9:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When my boys were little, my husb & I had to take them bed shopping w/ us. Needless to say, my son who was about 5 y/o at the time, loudly & proudly announced in the furniture store that "Mommy & Daddy broke the bed!" - lol

My dau has play food & said her baby "Liked the smell of plastic donuts in the morning!" -lol

Finally, while subbing for a HS Govt & Speech class, the teacher (who's name happened to be Mr. Smith) assigned them to watch the movie, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. You guessed it, the students thought it was about their teacher's vacation video from Washington ! -ROFLMAO!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• my son is 2 and for his 2nd Chrismas, I got my brother's old flip track mountain set out of my mom's attic because it was in good shape. I bent over the box to get some pieces out to give them a good Clorox wipe down, and DS comes up, smacks me on the butt, and says "hoe!" needless to say, daddy got a talking to when he got home :)

my DH taught my son that pooting was "calling dinosaurs".. he stayed up late on New Year's Eve because the fireworks kept him up. we were watching the ball drop and he poots, gasps and giggles, and says "that not fireworks! that dinosaur!"

we were in the Target dressing room and I took his shirt off. He covers his nipples and says "don't look at my boobies!! where's my bra?!" oh LORD!!
    lovemyboys8608

Answer by lovemyboys8608 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i have a few of them and it is all BC of my husband.
    1) my husband was giving my son Haiden a bath, as my husband went to clean his behind my son said to him- Daddy u no touch my A hole.
    2) my son came into the kitchen to ask for water, he completly forgot what he asked for and a child i babysit for was playing a video game, when my son came into ask for his (Water) he said "mommy me get older, me play video games"
    3) my husband went on the internet and was looking up some sort of funny make believe people names, and one of them was a MIKE Ratch. My husband asked my son if he knew this so called person, my son said NO Daddy. AND then my husband said can u ask the store manger (he is a very funny person ). SO my Son now 3 (Recently happened) Goes up to the store manger and said to him "u know My Crotch " the manger left and looked right at my husband who now both died of laughter and i am sitting there red in the face.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011