Does this annoy you?

When you are trying to do something and your kids come up and start poking on you or saying mommy I want this or mommy I want that?--Whereas before they see you doing something they are totally engrossed in something like watching TV or something

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Never fails, right? I've said that the best way to get my sons attention is to sit down and look comfortable.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When you 're on the phone they're worse.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 9:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yes lol. My 6 yr old is famous for it. I actually think she gets a laugh out of it. Yesterday I was doing something (dont even remember what now because I had to stop) and she had not been home more then 15 min and was MOMMY, MOMMY LOOK, MOMMY I WANT MY CRAYONS. Then I get the crayons, and she wants juice, then she doesnt even drink the juice and she wants a snack, then she throws snack in the trash and says she wants this or that. It drives me insane but I try to make sure she has what she needs.

Answer by gemgem at 8:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• oh my goodness yes. and its always always when im right in the middle of something. like charging through the bathroom door as im on the toliet and asking for a drink. or getting right in the way as im about to put something in the oven.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• GGGRRRR! I Cannot even begin to say how aggervated I am by the pushing on the shoulder and saying mom, mommy mamma OVER AND OVER!!! LOL I think they should pass out extra patience at the hospital!
    familynsni

Answer by familynsni at 9:04 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• everyday of my life...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yep! My youngest will wait until I am working and THEN he wants "his show" on tv, or more juice, or something to eat..... does not matter that I was just out there 2 minutes ago-- oh no he did not 'need' anything then! What really annoys me is when he does it when his dad or brothers are home--- he can't possibly bother them oh no he has to pester me! GRRRRRR!!! I told my hubs yesterday that I was sick of being pestered when he is home to deal with it and his stupid answer was "well I would but someone exiled my computer to the basement' (and I guess it is too much for him to haul his fat ass upstairs and see what the kid wants, or God forbid wait to play on computer till after little one is in bed)! Yeah nice how it is somehow "MY fault' that I am pestered. He better watch it or I might dismember that damned comptuer with a sledgehammer!

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's usually only when I'm on the phone or on the comp typing to trying to pay a bill. lol They NEVER do it when I'm just hanging out- they save it all up for when I'm doing one of those two things!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• To add to the annoyance is when they WHINE their commands to you! Like nails on a chalkboard to me! I tell them I wont listen or discuss anything w/ them until they can talk to me w/ a normal voice.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• EVERY FREAKING NIGHT I SAY THAT!
    My kids have like an ingrain knack for that, even the baby. Everyone laughs because every time I sit down to eat the baby suddenly NEEDS me. HE could be fine the whole time before that but suddenly I sit to eat and he has to be held...by me, no one else will do. What is up with that?
    My other kids do the same thing. They will be happily watching TV or playing so I think, "I'll just go clean up the kitchen" or something and suddenly everyone needs my attention. Grrr.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011