My 11 year old son

Has been having issues in school, been mean to others (teachers and Adults) and I dont approve. Well he is with his dad at this point for his visitation. And his dad took him to the dr for help, (We done everything else we can do to help him, dr was the last resort) they want to do and sleep test on him and r looking into taking out his adnoids and tonsils. Could that be a cause of his outburst?

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 9:11 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• It has been noted that some children who exhibit ADHD behavior are really dealing with a (lack of) sleep problem contributed to tonsil/adenoid problems. I personally think it may happen in a few cases, not in the numbers actually quoted. I'd be real careful in considering whether or not to get the surgery for purposes of improving behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sleep problems can cause poor behavior. Think about how you feel when you havent gotten enough sleep, multiply that for days, then add immaturity, and having to go to school.

Answer by gemgem at 9:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The sleep test is a great idea, have you also concidered a short time with a councelor? to rule out personal or chemical issues?
    mislis

Answer by mislis at 2:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011