Can you just go into Planned Parenthood and take a prego test?

or do they make you do an exam. i've gone in there as a teenager but i dion't know if its different now. the only reason i'm not going to my obgyn is because i'm not supposed to get preggo until after i get my cervex looked at again and don't want the lecture, lol.

chagenue

Asked by chagenue at 10:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• FYI...I bought some tests at the Dollar Tree and was really iffy about them because of where they came from. They are actually one of the most accurate at home tests you can buy. The reason they are $1 is because they aren't as simple as peeing on a stick. You have to pee it a cup, and use a dropper to drop urine on the test. DH and I conceived on 8/22 & I got my positive test via Dollar Tree test on 9/2. I'm 15 weeks pregnant :). They are good.
    BabyDylansMomma

Answer by BabyDylansMomma at 1:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i think they do an exam and i think you have to call .. id just call and make sure they are all diff
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• the easiest way would be to take a home pregnancy test... if all you are wanting is conformation, that's the easy way to go... no doctor needed.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i have no copay, cheaper than buying one thats all.
    chagenue

Answer by chagenue at 10:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• umm no they didnt make me get an exam when I went to get a pregnancy test. why buy a test when you can get one for free lol.
    Anonymous

• a test is like $1 at the dollar store... can you not afford that if you are so worried about going to the doctor?
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• not always free they want to know your income at some of them and if you make money they want a payment
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• you need to make an appointment. It probably wont be free. Your better off to just get a home test and take it at school or something to keep the rents from finding out. Not that I'm an advocate for teen pregnancy but I've been there and yuo can get a home test for $1 thats just as accurate as pp's tests AND there is less risk of mom adn dad finding out if you arent pregnant so you can skip the lecture. If you are hun congrats and goodluck, if you arent PLEASE be careful sweetie and use protection. You can get birth control from pp. Being a mom at any age is hard but being a mom in high school is brutal.
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• humanitarian- may I ask why the world you just assumed that she is an unwed teenage mother still living at home with her parents while going to school???
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Uh, plus I think she already has a kid? Anyway...yes it's cheaper to go to PP but is it really worth the hassel to save a buck? You have to go...wait....fill out paperwork...wait...answer some more questions...wait...and finally pee in a cup for some underpaid irritated public health nurse. Really? Just spend the dollar...
    Anonymous