What could it be? adult content

I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding from time to time since my 3rd week of pregnancy. Sometimes it is brown/pink and other times it is bright red with clots. Baby is fine, heartbeat is strong. What could be causing this?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 9:30 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea!!! You've got me stumped! I would definently ask your doc though!
    familynsni

Answer by familynsni at 9:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• During my last pregnancy, I bled from week 13 to week 18. It was due to placenta previa (the placenta attached partly over my cervix). I don't know if that's whats going on in your case since you are still early and the placenta isn't quite in place yet. What does OB say?
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Not a whole lot yet, I am still going through orientations, etc. So, I haven't had an actual appt. Yet (which you would think they would want to get me in to figure it out, but military is much more difficult) I went to the ER a week ago because of bleeding and she really didn't have an answer for me.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• did you get an ultrasound? with my 4th (3rd successful) pregnancy i had a hematoma between the uterus and the wall, and it was kind of precarious for awhile there. i wasn't allowed to pick anything up or push a vacuum or anything strenuous because they feared it might disturb the hematoma and cause a miscarriage. luckily my body absorbed it, and i had my 3rd healthy baby boy. good luck!
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 9:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• they say about 20% of women expierence bleeding during pregnancy as long as theres a heartbeat i think youre okay i had some random spotting in my first trimester with this pg .... keep asking ur ob
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• They did do an ultrasound, baby was perfect.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I had placenta previa with one of my pregnancies,, I wouldn't stop here, the clotting thing is what has me worried,,, hugs to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I questioned placenta previa, but I of course figured it would be too early to tell or even too early for it to happen. I am super worried about the clots. The didn't do an exam on me, which I think they need to do. I tried to google bleeding during first trimester, but of course it gives me things that I know it couldn't be due to baby having a heartbeat and knowing that baby is not in my tubes.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Not sure. I'd just talk to your Dr about it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2011