What the best way to clean/sanitize your child's toys after they've been sick?

lulu85

Asked by lulu85 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• I go crazy with clorox wipes..
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yep
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I like to use the new bleach spray they have out now. I lay paper down on a table an then spray the toys very well and let them dry.
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 10:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• for hard plastic toys that aren't going to be damaged by water - fill bath tub with water and bleach. I add about 2 cups bleach for a full tub. place toys in, let sit for about 5 minutes, drain and rinse, let dry

for stuffed animals that have no electronics (non-noise making) check label first of course but place in pillow case and machine wash on gentle. air dry

stuffed animals that do make noise or any other electronic toys that can't get submerged - I just lightly spray with a fast drying disinfectant spray.
    Anonymous

• im a bleach junkie but i think anonymous has the best in depth disinfecting routine. You can always put plastic toys in the dishwasher too on pots and pans cycle
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• For soft toys you are afraid to wash you can also put them in the freezer. Doing this often actually kills the germs and dust mites, and all that other gross stuff we don't like to think of. But I too am a fan of submerging in bleach water as well as putting what I can in the dish washer.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I just wipe them down with Clorox wipes.
    momoftwoboys197

Answer by momoftwoboys197 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2008