You know what I hate the most??!!

When parents allow their kids to walk around in dirty clothes, with dirty mouths and snotty noses.

Clean that crudd up! Arent parents embarrassed to walk around with their kids dirty?

I babysit a little boy, and when I go to pick him up from day care, he has markers, food, boogers all over him. The car seat his mother gave me is filthy, and Im just so embarrassed to take him anywhere. I took him to Chuck E. Cheese, and I was humiliated. His mother dressed him in a really nasty shirt, and dirty shoes. I tried wiping his face, but he still looked dirty. he misbehaves and throws tantrums, he even curses and screams in public. His clothes smell like smoke, and he is just never clean. I know its not HIS fault, but dont parents know that they are not really caring for their child the proper way??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i can't say anything about this, except that the times you pick him up from daycare, you can't really blame his messy face or hands on the mom, KWIM? have the daycare providers clean him up!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Great point dullscissors!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• true, but even his mother dressed him in the shirt i put him to bed in!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• dullscissors? Maybe your one of those mothers??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Anon that was rude. You asked and she answered honestly.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• no, OP, i'm not 'one of those mothers'..but thanks for judging me, too! you're on a roll!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i really dont think how a mother allows her children to run around is any business of yours. if dirty kids bother you so much, look the other way and praise yourself for cleaning your own kids up. no need to bitch about it on cafemom where nothing good will come out of it. have a nice day!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• oh i dont care what moms on cm think. Its NOT my business, but dirty kids are gross. It makes them look trashy..... and the parents trashy as well.... And Im allowed to vent :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well I think you should give him a bath and wash his clothes, I have a son, and sometimes when I pick him up from Kindergarten, I am like how did you get so dirty? I am more worried about his behaivor, it sounds like more is going on than dirty clothes...what does the mother look/smell/ dress like? Perhaps you need to tell her(nicely) your worried, does the daycare provider ever talk to you about the kiddo's behaivor? My mom used to watch a little boy who was neglected,,he would come to our house and be filthy, no diapers, and cry when his mom picked him up,,my mom finally got fed up and called social services, when they got there, the discovered no food, no running water, no electicity, and 3 or 4 men living in the house,,IDK,, but I think your right to be worried, and I think it isn't bad that you care about his welfare,, good luck, and let us know what happens!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• if u r that embarassed- buy him a couple outfits to keep with you for when you go out in public and throw the carseat cover in the wash and wash the outside off.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2011