Am i overreacting?

I have an appointment today to have a Colposcopy done, i was pregnant last year i lost the baby my dr told me my pap was abnormal so i have to get that test done. my thing is my husband knows how worried i am about this test he is off from work today and he wont come to the doctor with me even when i lost my baby didnt even come to one single appointment i am pissed off wouldnt you? it's like he dont even care i was so freaked out when my dr told me they found cancer cells in my pap from last time and this man knows that so tell me am i overreacting?

soraya14

Asked by soraya14 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• have you asked him to go with you? let him know you don't feel like he's being very supportive by staying home.
    guys tend to think they're helping by doing one thing when you'd really prefer for them to do something else.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• you're not overreacting, but i can assume your dh/so just isn't a nurturing kind of guy. you can whine about it, ask til you're blue in the face that he be a shoulder-to-cry on, but if its not in his nature, he's not likely to be the comfort you seek. (it'd be awesome, but...) he may have issues about your health that he isn't comfortable dealing with..he may be worried about losing you, more than you worried about the baby. most men are usually more attached to the person they have with them, their partner (not the unborn child).
    hope your appointment goes ok.
    :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You're not overreacting. At this point, he shouldn't even have to be told to go with you or at the very least show some concern.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You are not over reacting, men can be so insensitive!

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You are not over reacting at all. Some Men cannot face problems or reality at all. I think what you are doing is the best thing for you & I hope you have someone else to go with you today. This test is just a preventative measure to make sure everything is alright in that area. As far as an abnormal Pap, my Sister had the same thing and went in for a small procedure & now she is fine. She gets check yearly. Be strong and take care of your health, that is first & foremost. Then when you are more confident, sit your DH down & tell him "that if he does not support you in your time of need, then there will be a day when he needs you & you will not be there for him". Simple as that, then walk away & let him think about it. Best wishes & be strong for YOU!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• you might be over reacting although have you ever talked to him about how feels about all this. I understand that it is very hard for you and that you want him there to help you and comfort you although maybe he is scared and afraid and just doesn't know how to deal with this. I would try talking with him and telling him how you feel. Let him know that you would really it if he came to the doctors with you. Not to mention that you can't drive yourself home from a Colposcopy. I have had 3 done and the test really isn't that bad, you are asleep for most of it anyway and then you just have to wake up.

Try to relax, I am very sorry for your loss and wish you the best of look with everything. I know when I was pregnant with my first I had abnormal cells and I had to go every 6 months to get them checked. After 2 years the cells went away, so sometimes these things are as bad as they seem.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'd be upset too. It would make me think he didn't care at all. I'm sorry you're going through all this :( I had an abnormal pap before, but it resolved and I didn't have to have any thing else done. I hope everything turns out ok!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Your not overreacting and I would be upset to. Hope everything turns out okay for you hun!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011