Bird Feeders?

Do you have any bird feeders? Do you put specific ones out to attract specific breeds? I have a hummingbird feeder. My mom and grandma used to draw in finches. I miss watching the birds with mom and grandma.

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 10:32 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I have a bird feeder and just put bird food out that attracts birds that I think it said sing. I have a lot of little ones eat and fly under the deck of my pool, i'st so neat to watch them. I try to keep it full esp. when I know it's going to get cold. I have 3 different things filled with 3 different foods.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We have hummingbirds, cardinals, gold finches, woodpeckers, sparrows, house finches, nuthatches, doves, and many other birds that come to our feeders year round. We use black oil sunflower seeds and suet cakes and that's all we put out beyond the hummingbird food.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't have any now, but I want to get some for our new place. You can get specific mixes, like sunflower mix for Cardinals(I think). And my Papa used to put out the Hummingbird ones with the colored sugar water, but other than that I don't know.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:36 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• We like to attract cardinals and blue jays.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• lovingmy4babies You do not need to add the coloring to the hummingbird feeders. I have had hummingbird feeders for a few years now.

I would love to attract some finches.
    tiddliwinks

Comment by tiddliwinks (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks, tiddliwinks- I didn't know that! I thought the bright colors were what attracted the hummingbirds to the feeders. And to twinsplus2more- that's a LOT of birds! I think I'm going to try that!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:03 PM on Feb. 25, 2011