I'm a muslim but I really think I'm a Jew.

I just feel way to connected when I talk to other Jews and before I got married to my surprise a Jewish young man had pursued me, why does it feel wrong but right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised Catholic and i think i am more Lutheren, so i understand, your beliefs are more on the other side, and if you feel a certain way then i say go with it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Keep following your heart on your spiritual search

I am Muslim but have found myself loving the teaching of buddha alot more but still I am a Believer

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't think there is anything to feel bad or wrong about. If you feel intrigued or a connection with another religion why shouldn't you explore it? If you feel that the teachings of that other religion are more "true" to you or you feel that you are more yourself in that religion/setting then maybe you should consider converting.

The main purpose of religion is to help you be a better you. And not the same "rules" or guidelines apply to everyone- that's why there are so many religions. Go find yourself! And good luck! :)
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think God is wooing your heart... listen to Him. :)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Abraham (the first Jew) and the Prophet Mohammed were brothers. Jews and Muslims are not so far apart!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Trust your gut and follow your heart.

As to why if might be feeling wrong to you is expectations; yours and your family. Sometimes changing religions will upset people and being kind hearted, we don't wish to hurt others so we put them first instead of ourselves. This in turn hurts us when we realise that not being true to ourselves hurts us and in turn hurts our relationships with others. Sometimes we have to hope and trust that the important people in our lives will accept us as we truly are and love regardless of ideological differences.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:20 AM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If this is something that you want to look more into you should..I am Muslim but I feel that if your heart is pulling you in a different direction that you should listen to that..its YOUR salvation..not anyone elses.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011