What was your proudest moment?

I mean like a personal best or accomplishment that you did yourself.

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 11:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• ...but not only that...during recess, I saw some of the other kids surround him and they were chanting stupid, stupid *I wanted to wring their little necks... As I made my way to where they were, I heard the kid tell them: You leave me alone, I am NOT stupid, I'm just as smart as anyone else, Miss C said so, and I DO know my times tables!! ...and, guess, what... they backed off. Being a sub I don[t know if they came back to bully him another day, but I hope that moment of realization that he was NOT dumb, and actually a SMART guy stayed with him long enough for him to defend himself!
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:28 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• A personal best for me recently was sticking to a diet (not eating junk) and working out and losing 10 1/2 lbs in 7 weeks. This has been the best decision I have made for myself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:15 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Aside from EVERYTHING related to my daughter, I'd say my proudest moment was as a sub teacher. There was this kid in one of my classes that everyone called dumb...HE called himself dumb. I was explaining something quite complex, math-related (math is not my thing, but they didn't have anyone else). He said: Don't worry about me, Miss, I'll never understand it, I'm just dumb, and everyone knows it. (I was fuming). He said: I can't even learn my times tables any higher than 5. I gave the others some problems and sat with him. First, I explained to him that if he knew the x tables up to 5, he already know more than half his times tables. I explained that 4X9 was the same as 9x4...I then asked him if he knew what 8x3 was... at first he said I don't know. So I asked what;s 3x8...and he said: Easy, 24! The look of discovery on his face is priceless to me, even today...*cont
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Raising my son and going back to school. So glad I made the decision :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When i quit smoking was my biggest accomplishment. That was harder than anything! But my best decision in life was giving my life to God:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Traveled Europe with America's Youth in Concert.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2011