SAHM's -- Get OVER YOURSELVES!

After reading several other posts that seem to pit working mothers against SAHM's -- I have noticed that overwhelmingly, the SAHM's think your a "Better parent." It is my experience that the opposite is actually true -- You may spend MORE TIME -- but so what? Working mother's spend QUALITY TIME, which leads me to the question -- What's most important to you -- QUANTITY or QUALITY?

Also, why is it that it appears to be the SAHM's doing more bashing against the working mothers? Could that be because you have all this additional "free-time" available? What are your children doing RIGHT-NOW while you are on the computer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I know there is a lot of debate about working moms and SAHM's, and I have seen both types of moms rock it out, and both types of moms Abuse their children either verbally or neglect them.. Neither situation makes a bit of difference. It is the type of MOM you are. There are good mom's and bad moms. Period. Some of the best moms i have seen are working mom's because they bust their butts making sure their kids have everything.. from food to clothes to attention. I have seen horrible moms who only work so that they can have enough money to go out and party. I have seen Stay at home moms who sit on their butts all day long, whether the kids are in school or are toddlers and stuck at home with this parent. But I have known Stay at home moms who are able to clean and plan activities for their kids and interact with them, even home schooling them. So again. I don't think it is a matter of the type of mom.. but the quality.
    Candledancer

Answer by Candledancer at 5:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• ive locked all my kids in the bedroom and am sitting on the couch on my laptop eating bon-bons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• eye rolling

Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My kids are at school. I have had to work and I have been a sahm. For me staying home is better. Not just for the kids but for me too. I could never get everything done around the house when I worked. I am not all that organized.
    So if youre a working mom why are you on the computer and where are your kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• To think either makes a better parent is just ignorant. Good parenting has nothing to do with whether you work or not.

I'm a SAHM & all the time spent with my dd is quality. I have not always been a SAHM though, for the first 8 years of my DD's life, i worked full time. It was only last year that i decided to stay home & be a tad more broke....haha.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Wow. I think the OP needs to get over herselfs. You're no better for doing this than the people you've slammed in your post for doing what they do.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Don't worry, with a single bitchfest, you just evened the score. Now, thanks to you, people can generalize about working moms the same way you do about sahms. Grats!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:06 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• wow got a little bug up your ass this morning? i have never said anything against working mothers,i would love to go back to work at some point right now its just not feesible cuz i would have to put lil one in daycare so i would be spending the money i make in daycare. when she goes to school i will venture back into the working world. sorry you feel the way you do,but i dont have anything against working mothers.and right now my daughter is playing with her brother cuz he is home from school.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• gee, are you sour about being a working mom or something? if you are so convinced about your side of the fence, why so defensive about it?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Well my 1 yr old is busy playing with the outlets and my 4 yr old outside wandering around somewhere....lol. I can see why you went anon with this one.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:12 AM on Feb. 25, 2011