Dr??

my son has had a very barky cough for the past 2 days, he was running a low grade fever last night (100.9) which was gone when he woke up this morning. but he has also been sleeping alot. no runny nose or cold like symptoms just the cough and the fever. (he is 10 months old) should i bring him into the pedi?

dmdemes

Asked by dmdemes at 11:09 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i wouldnt bring him int othe dr just yet... the fever is generally low grade.. if he starts to vomit and have a super high fever thats persistent give the dr a call
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• yeah.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• When in doubt, I call the doctor. I don't think I'd bring mine to the doctor for a cough and very low fever.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wold call and talk to a nurse and see what they say, if they think he should be seen then take him in. Or watch it for 1 or 2 more days and give him cough medicine. My son when he was i think 1and half or 2 years old, he had a cough, and was sneezing so i though it was a cold, took him to his uncles house for his cousins bday party and he was cuddling to daddy, didn't want to eat so i just to my sister in law to give him so Tylenol and he will be fine and it is just a cold and a nasty one. Later that night he ran a fever gave him some meds for it, and he was up coughing and would cough so hard he vomited. I then took him to the dr in the Morning and he had a very bad Respiratory VIRUS and his oxygen levels were really low so they gave me a machine i had to use for 1 week 3 times a day and then only when needed after that. That machine worked and he was better in 3 weeks.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• nope! just let it pass! if the fever goes over 102 i will start trying to bring it down naturally! other then that i wouldnt go!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yes, a barking cough can be croup.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would at least CALL your pediatrician--that's what they 're their for!!! They will help triage the situation, and determine what you should do--whether it's calling in a prescription for your child, instructing you on how best to care for your child, or what to do until the office opens in the morning.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• YES !!! take him to the doctor.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011