What do I do? I've never been in so much pain in my life.

I had my wisdom tooth extracted Monday. Yesterday I went in because I have a dry socket. They packed it, but right now it hurts so bad I feel like I'm going to pass out. I don't know what to do. I have my son and no one to watch him, so I can't go back in today. I called them and asked for a different pain medicine, but the receptionist said she'd talk to the dentist and call me back. That was two hours ago and they still haven't called back yet. I can't take it. It's so bad, I'm bawling as I type this. Does anyone know ANYTHING that will help?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• I'm so sorry to hear you are hurting. I had my wisdom teeth out 9 years ago, and I remember the pain the dry socket gave me. Maybe the packing they did has somehow worked loose, or something like that? I agree, you need to stay on them, they are the ones who need to to do something to relieve your pain. Bless your heart, hope you feel better soon!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sorry hun I have no clue. Bring your son into the office if you have to though. They will work around your child or they should at least. You need to get yourself feeling better before you can take care of him & if that means bringing him with you then so be it. Good Luck... BTW I'd call the office back again & keep doing it until they do something, tell the women on the phone that you are on the verge of goign to the ER for the pain that may get you a faster call back.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would call or just go. I hate to hear about some much pain. As for medicine I hope they can give you something. If things hot or cold borher you I would try to avoid those items. Try maybe also oralgel to numb the pain or maybe even ice in an ice pack. Hang in there friend and email as soon as you can cause I will be thinking of you. Hang in there as much as you can. Just go.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:38 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm so sorry :(
    Get some more painkillers. Do NOT let the office blow you off--unfortunately, the way some people run their businesses, the squeaky wheel really does get the grease. I hate being forced into being a "squeaky wheel", but I'll do it when i have to, and so should you.
    Hope everything is looking up soon!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:57 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Feel better soon hun!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks, I think I'll do that bc it's the truth. I'm gonna have to go to the ER if they don't call back soon.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks so much ladies. I took another Vicodin and Ibuprofen since my son just laid down for his nap, and they're already helping a lot. I'm just terrified bc I'm almost out of them and I don't know how I'll face the pain without the painkillers. When I typed this I was bawling, about ready to scream in pain.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2011