Share a story about a time when your child really embarrassed you......

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 11:22 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We were in the commissary a few years ago, my younger daughter and I. She was in one of those shopping carts shaped like a bus or whatever. For a while, all I could see were her little crocs poking out and then a little while later, I saw bare feet poking out and thought nothing of it. While we were in the checkout lane, I looked down at her and she was butt naked playing with her nipples. I was so embarrased but at the same time, I wondered why nobody told me she was naked. I think she was 2 or something.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• public bathroom, child to young to be outside of the stall, had to come in with me. didn't feel well, unable to make it home....child says "mommy, what's that yucky smell?"...loudly! in a bathroom full of people. I debated how long i could sit there before coming out of the stall to wash my hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• OMG i was at the doctor's office with my sister in law i was waiting for her in the waiting room and my daughter was throwing a fit cus i wouldnt let her write on the tables they had in the waiting room she kept throwing herself on the floor and crying and screaming and kicking when i pick her up from the floor so i finally took her to the restroom and spanked her it was so embarassing .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• well it's become embarrasing, when he first started it it wasn't too bad, but now it is.
    My 4yo pretends to either be a t-rex and runs around the place ROARING at people, and if a person asks him a question he just roars at them, he also pretends to be the horse from Spirit stallion of the cimmaron and will neigh (sounds NOTHING like a horse haha) and he will throw his head around and gallop all over and answer questions with neighs. It's becoming embrassing to me. Some people laugh, but I hate it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:29 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• While my OB was listening to my unborn baby's heartbeat, he kicked the doppler and it made a very loud thumb. Doc made the comment that the baby must have liked what I ate for lunch. My daughter pipes up and said " Mommy he liked your ham sandwich and beer!" I drank a ROOT beer with my ham sandwich. After my face returned to it's original color, I told the doc it was indeed, a rootbeer.
    CaseyErin

Comment by CaseyErin (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My son (3) does not understand personal space AT ALL. We were standing in line at the bank yesterday and the line filled up behind us one by one (women). He is like the welcoming committee!! He says hi and gives them hugs. He tells them what colors there wearing, counts their rings, and anything else he can identify. He is such a ham and it is cute but embarrassing :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• In an elevator of our local hospital, we were going for my daughters regular blood tests (so he was used to being there), a girl got into the elevator with me and my two kids. She kept watching my son who was standing with his arm around my leg and staring straight ahead....apparently he had enough of her staring, because he turned around and said "what you looking at?" I was so embarrassed I could have died on the spot...better yet she was just as embarrassed if not more than me...but I apologized anyway. I can still feel the heat rise to my face as I laugh about it now. My son hasn't changed a bit either...except now he says, very loudly MOMMY why is that person staring at me? There is nothing physically wrong with him, he's just one of those kids that have always had people staring...I honestly think now that subconsciously they are waiting for what comes out of his mouth next.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Ooooooooo, my daughter, 4, became a little "obsessed" with wheelchairs, disability, etc . . . . not understanding why people looked different. We were in a restaurant, and a man who seemed to have a neck deformity (missing) walked by. My daughter's mouth hung open and she was staring. I turned her head, whispered to her not to stare, tried to redirect her attention, but there she sat . . . jaw dropped to the floor.
    Then, we stop to get gas, lo and behold, a man who was missing an arm gets out of the car in front of us. Holy Jesus, I thought, as I had to calm my daughter down again.
    It was super-embarrassing, but did teach me that I had some educating to do.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• @Izsarejman--

That was such a funny story! I read this and my son was asking "What Mommy! What's so funny!" Thanks for sharing this!!! :D
    CaseyErin

Comment by CaseyErin (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• That was so many times, I could write a book about it. I think I suffer from child induced parental trauma ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2011