When is texting appropriate?

I'm doing a 5 page essay on texting. I have 4 pages and need some ideas on when it's appropriate. thnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Technology

• depends on the situation i guess... like maybe if youre just sitting around watching tv its okay.. during sex.. no .. during dinner with family or friends.. no... thing slike that maybe.. i dunnop if that answered ur question
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It is not appropriate, while you are talking to someone else, while driving. Or to someone who loves you.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would rather text then talk on the phone but I would never text a boss or my parents but my husband and I text each other all the time and we prefer to text his ex wife in case it gets ugly we have proof.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:48 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Pretty much the ONLY time I don't text is while driving and that's about it.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's appropriate to text when you are alone. Not while driving. It's good when you need to quickly talk to someone who is working and only has a second. My husband can only answer a text or page while working in the hospital.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It's appropriate when you are NOT driving, while in school, when giving birth or visiting someone in the hospital. Ahh..that's all I got.

What's with the response about someone who loves you? Odd.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• in your commun sense free time...or emergency situation
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• In a quiet moment, when your kids text you, when you are waiting in line and are bored to tears ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011