MIL the enabler?

My MIL seems to never even suggest that my DH is doing anything wrong. He likes to smoke pot which I despise. I called her once for advice and she basically told me to leave him if I couldn't deal with it. Then, a few years later, (now) she gets him a pot prescription so he can legally buy it! I would have hoped she would have suggested he just not smoke!

Then we have his issue with speeding. 3 tix in one year. Almost $2,000 in fines. What does she do? Buys him a radar scanner for his car. wtf. Wouldn't a normal mother tell him to slow the F down?

He needs to grow up but I can hardly blame him when his mother is worse than he.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm not sure what the question is, but I agree .... major enabler.  And I honestly don't know what else to say.  lol.  Never been in that position so all I can say is goodluck :)

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My mother in law asked me what I did to make my husband cheat on me! Good luck with yours!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Dang girl! I'm sorry! You've got two not so smart people on your hands! Have you told your husband you don't like he smokes it? Did he smoke it before you two got married? Can't complain much if he did...you knew. Regardless, he should grow up and be a man and quit. Along with the speeding. Stand up to him and tell him how dumb all of this is!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• badmommy boy hunh lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• eye rollingi would say you need to talk to your dh over his mother.  your right it seems like she is just making it worse.

blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Some parents never have an ounce of tough love. I have that with my MIL. My husband's an alcoholic and she's bitchy with me. They support their kids no matter what. Well, guess what, that's not love. You'll never win that battle. It can ruin your marriage. By the way, she probably smokes pot, too.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• She is a major enabler. If he keeps playing the piper will eventually request payment.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• sounds like my mother big time.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• tastymama - HA! You're right. She does smoke pot. Makes me ill.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• sounds like my mil,
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011