Baby sitting othe peoples kids

i have a 3 years old i watch i love her to death shes a sweet heart but this last week she has had a adittude from heck. i dont feel right smacking her but since she is not my own even though her dad would be ok with it. my pain form of punishment it when she throws a fit i let her know then ignor her until she stops then make her say sorry and tell her what she did wrong. do you have any other ideas that may help?

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would just sit her down and tell her you don't like how she is acting. I also would start coloring, playing a game (whatever she likes) and i would say, "when you want to be nice and act like a big girl I would like for you to join me".
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 6:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Agreed! do not hit, no matter what the dad says. Try timeouts, taking things, explain how she is suppose to act, give her one warning and if he doesn't listen then put him in a timeout chair.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 12:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• do not ever hit anyone elses kid, period. whether the parent gives you permission or not. have you tried re-directing her attention to another activity?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i wont hit her thats the point i need other options other then ignoring it
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Just out of couriosity, how old are your kids and how do you discipline them?
    choco_mom

• truth fully im pregnant first child but ive been around kids my hole life when i was younger i just put them in a time out chair and when we are home thats what i do put her into the room for 3 min and the time dose not start until she stops throwing a fit and that works really well but lattly we have been out of the house every day how do you discipline when your al ways on the road
    blinkys11

Comment by blinkys11 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011