How Rude!

So the other day i was out and about with my 2 munchkins. As we were coming out of this place another family was coming in. Cause i grew up with manners i decided to hold the door open for them. It was 2 young boys maybe 8 and 10 years old and there mom and dad. As they walked in one by one, none of then had the common courtesy to say thank you. They all just looked at me while they walked in.  So once they were all inside i turned to them and said "your welcome". Do manners just not exist any more?? Does any one else get bothered when something like that happens? And if you are someone who doesn't use manners or teach your children manners, why are you like that? How hard can it be to say thank you?

Christieluv0614

Asked by Christieluv0614 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Wow! I didn't expect to see all the negative posts that you received on this lil sis. But it just goes to show you that everyone was brought up differently. And, to a couple of the comments posted on here, how the he** do you lower yourself to their level by saying your welcome!? That makes no sense! And to this comment: Do you think by being rude to someone, you teach them polite manners? YES I MOST CERTAINLY DO! If I could give people a swift kick in the butt to remind them that we are all the same. Not any of us are better than the other and when people pull stunts like that (in the back of my mind) it makes me think that all of us "DOOR HOLDERS", that don't receive at least a f***ing thank you, should just let that door shut as soon as we've walked thru it. It's simple people...Manners. It's not that hard to say thank you, please, your welcome, etc. Whew that felt good :)

Vlex

Answer by Vlex at 6:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!! I would have said something too. I consider people like that classless! There is no excuse for not having manners & I hope they heard what you said. I treat everyone with courtesy, my DH holds doors as well. I have even taught my 4 year old courtesy. Rude behavior & lack of common courtesy seems to be spreading today. Maybe it's because everyone is too busy Text messaging to teach their kids manners today, it's pathetic.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I usually do what you did and say YOU"RE WELCOME, but I do it in their faces and loud to make a point lol.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i always say thank you when someone holds the door open for me and i say your welcome when i hold it and they say thank you. i also teach my girls. i was so pleased the other day when they came in and asked mommy may we please have some tea. I was like yes you may. and then they said thank you and i said your welcome
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I wouldn't of said anything but I do make sure my children say their thank yous to strangers for doing good deeds.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My boys are just 3 & 5 but they already know to hold the door open. The 5 year old actually has proclaimed himself a door greeter at church and holds the side door open for anyone coming in. They also know their please and thank you's. For some manners have went out the door and I really wish it would come back in.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Don't worry photomom. Some moms are rather strict that you put things in their proper place. Me I always was rather untidy and don't think that everything has a place and a place for everything.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Rude, rude, rude. There is no excuse for a lack of manners, especially at that age. My 3 year old holds the door open for me and says "after you, momma!"
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 2:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• They were definately rude but I also think you lowered yourself to their level by saying "your welcome"
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I know how you feel I am sorry you went thru that but some people just don't have sense. You did therightthing by saying "your welcome" atleast gave them something to talk about "manners" for abit.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011