How do you tell your husband that you need more romance?

Should I just say it like that? I want your ideas and opinions. My dh just goes to work, and comes home. He's a good man but I don't feel special or like I am a priority. He loves me but I feel like I need more. All I do is take care of him, the kids and the house. Nobody takes care of me ya know? I have gotten one flower in ten years, One surprise weekend away and he tells me he loves me everyday. Am I being slefish or asking too much wanting more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Relationships

• You can show him better than you can tell him!
    ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 12:15 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• no not at all you deserve mor romance. i would say see if you can find some one to watch the kids for a coupe hours if not for the night make dinner for just you two and at dinner talk to him about it. and if that dont work just make romance yourself i know it adds another " chore" to your day but it will be worth it dont leave it just up to him you want romance make it
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would just tell him flat out, tell him you want to go on a date with him and how you have been feeling.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:18 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• when was the last time YOU sent HIM flowers? You take care of him, but, do you do it like you "normally" do, or do you sometimes ad something special? I would do something special (the flowers would be great)... first, it wuold put the idea on his head...second, if he doesn't "get it", at least the flowers would be a nice conversation starter... oh, and if you want more romance, just saying it outright is THE single most unromantic thing you could do... he will feel nagged and unappreciated, and will feel like he HAS to be romantic, as a chore or an obligation...def not what you want
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 12:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Good question! First, let's get the facts straight if I may. Yes, you take care of him, the house and the kids. But doesn't he take care of all that just the same financially? Let's take a step back and look at your situation from his perspective: he goes to work everyday which pays for the house, all the expenses to take care of the kids and all your needs as well. So, let's not undermine his contribution to your efforts and the family package. Whew! Now, back to your question... Yes, it's nice he says he loves you but we women want to be shown more affection and romance to break up the daily grind we call life. This is something that sex or intimacy alone with not resolve. In my opinion, the next time you go out to dinner or have an evening alone, casually ask him what he needs and if it's a simple reply, that's okay, then tell him how much you appreciate him and express your thoughts and feelings regarding what you need.
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I was going to ask that too, how can I be more romantic? I leave him love notes in his lunches sometimes, buy him surprise gifts, get babysitters, ect. idk how to romance a man !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• No I don't think so. Women needed to be told a lot more than men that they are special and that they are loved and appreciated. Maybe if you start flirting more with him or sending him flowers. Maybe have someone else suggest that he should start romancing you more.
    Or have someone sing to you outside your window. I don't know
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 1:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Tell him, in a nice way, at a quiet, loving time. He can't read your mind.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I leave my husband notes about what I want. so that way he knows, but it's more fun that coming right out and telling him.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• just tell him, but i never say that since i don't want it
    Jssg1986

Answer by Jssg1986 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2011