Question about red 40 in prenatal vitamins?

i am almost 5 weeks pregnant and i bought nature made prenatal vitamins with dha and have been taking them for a few days now... i was reading reviews online and i guess there is red 40 in these prenatal vitamins which is knows to cause harm to unborn babies?? like learning disabilities and ADD... let me know if anyone knows anything about this red 40 crap... should i be buying different prenatals?

mbright3747

Asked by mbright3747 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My Prenatal is white & has no dye, I would buy another brand that has no color in it. I can't believe they would need to put a coloring in a Prenatal!! That is ridiculous, it's not like you need it to look appetizing right?? Oye Vey!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i know! i had NO idea, i just happened to be looking at them online and found information saying dont take these they have red 40 in them! im like WHAT... thinking i will just get some from my doctor!
    mbright3747

Comment by mbright3747 (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• If your insurance will pay for it, get them from the Dr. also ask for one with a stool softener in it, gross but you'll need it & it helps alot.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Yea I wouldn't do red, i use to take the women one a day prenatal but stopped taking those and took the ones my midwife started giving me.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Id talk to your OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011