Is being politically correct really being politically correct??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am SO tired of being PC!! I WILL say Merry Christmas, God Bless, ... I have MY opinion, I served in the Navy to preserve the right for free speech, if you don't like what I have to say. don't listen. I am an American not Italian-American, I read what I want, I give my opinion even tho' it might piss you off, I have nothing about any person from any other country, I have problems with persons not skin, nationality, religion. BTW I think illegals should be deported, criminals should be punished and if you don't like MY country GET OUT...let me know I'll pack your bag for ya!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• LOL no. How many people of color are actually african americans? Obama certainly didnt come from Africa LOL people spend way too much time worrying about being PC i think
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It allows a secular and often godless society to squeeze us into its mold.

It's really political expediency in order to get one's own way, to get votes, to be a crowd pleaser, to avoid criticism, or for whatever other manipulative false motive.
    Anonymous

• HAHAHA Do what anon...LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• idotn think it is i think its just a word for drama nto saying in here but other posts one of those words for to please everyone its stupid but whatever
    Anonymous

• Anon. was trying to appear intellectual.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• if your talking about me no i wasnt i was just saying what i feel it means no need to be a b****
    Anonymous

• I think it important to use the correct terminology or syntax. Words and how you use them is important. Words can empower and lift people up or words can be a source of pain. It isn't just about describing someone's ethnicity. If I say it must be hard to parent a crazy child that most likely is disrespectful to a mother who's daughter is living with bi-polar disorder. I also don't want co-workers to use derogatory language in my work environment. I had one co-worker who called Birkenstock shoes lesbo shoes. Being PC is very important and if I didn't understand the language to use I wouldn't be as successful working with the hundreds of families that I have.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• ?????????????????????? Can you just speak plainly?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• geez.. will u ladies just answer the question and move on..stop with ur smart comments already..you have something slick to say then jump on everyone that says something back...

i dont get nor care about the whole pc thing...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2008