Neihgbors dogs I need advice bad please help !

ok so where I live everyone has dogs but they are all in fences and stuff except these one neighbors of mine who let their dogs out to run wherever well their dogs have been pooping under my trailer and the smell is coming up into the house I have told them and our landlord that everyone else keeps their dogs put up including me why can't they ! I'm going crazy the smell is aweful I can't stand it and I don't know what to do I wanna make them crawl under their and clean it all out bare handed but I know that won't work ! any advice ?
Thanks in advance !

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 12:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pets

• Can you nicely go ask your neighbors to keep the dog up? Tell them about the poo. Really they should respect your feelings. I hate when animals are allowed to run wild.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Do you have a homeowners association . . . you could always make a request that they remind people about dog laws. Also, I think that you could prosecute . . people aren't allowed to deposit animal feces on your property.

I am so sorry . . . I hope it comes to a peaceful conclusion.

We had a dog issue with our neighbors, and it wound up costing us 1700 dollars to rebuild the fence. :( boo.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• If there is a leash law where you live, call the police department and report it. They will handle it for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I left them a message yesterday on their phone but this morning it was headed back under the trailer I think I'm just gonna call the landlord and tell him some one has to do something about it cause we can't stand the smell if he does nothing I'll move
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I don't know if it's like this everywhere but in my state it's illegal to let any dog roam freely period.  They have to be on a chain, leash, or fenced in.  You have been generous in even calling them when you could have just called the pound and had the dog removed.  I agree with you, talk to the landlord next.  But if that doesn't work, I'd call the animal shelter.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You can call animal control for your town if you have one about dogs running loose. The owners will have to pay a fine to get them back. eventually they'll stop, or not get their dogs back. I hate it when people let their dogs run all over the neighborhood.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'd give animal control a call. Here, they will actually make the owner of the loose dog pick up their dog's poop! I love it :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My parents have a neighbor who used to let their HUGE wolfhound roam around. Their excuse was that no matter what they did, it got out anyway, so they just stopped trying to keep it cooped up. Only problem was, it left GIANT turds in our yard...and not just anywhere... on the walkway, usually just at the bottom of the stairs. One day, my husband came out of the house and stepped in it and nearly fell backwards onto the brick steps.That was it! My stepmom didn't want to confront the neighbor, so I did. I walked down there and told her what happened and how badly hurt my husband could have been...not to mention that we were having to pick up her dog's ginormous mounds of crap. She gave me the same lame excuse at first, so then I said "ok, well, I'll tell ya what, if I see another one of your dog's turds in our yard, I will call animal control." It never happened again; although it was an old dog who passed away soon after.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:13 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• You can have it cleaned up and then put up a fence wood, plastic, lattice under the trailer so they can't get back under there. GL.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would call animal control. Not only is it an issue of them pooping on your private property, but it is also a safety concern. You never know what will set a dog off and make them attack, so this issue needs to be resolved quickly. If the problem continues after animal control has been contacted, then I'd call the cops.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011