Stop asking ridiculous rhetorical questions!!!!

Does it annoy anyone else how many ridiculous rhetorical questions get asked on here??
i.e. If you are FOR Gay Marriage and you make a post titled: Why do some people think gay marriage is wrong? - Obviously, all you're going to do is dispute any answer that is given you. Unless its someone who is on YOUR side.
Same for questions about abortion, politics, whether spankings are abuse, etc..etc..etc... seems like there a lot of women on here who just like to sit back and bash other people for having different views then them. Why even start a debate when all you want to do is criticize anyone who believes differently then you do.
I thought sites like this were here for moms to find SUPPORT and FRIENDS, not to have their every word (or God forbid, a typo) criticized.

And this is not a 'debate' post. I don't actually want to know if you support gay marriage or not, or any of the other things I used as examples. (And no, it didn't allude me, that this could be construed as a rhetorical question lol!)

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 12:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I agree, it just spreads wrong notions to simple minds.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i love this comment but isnt this a rhetorical question how are you even supposed to answer
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think A LOT of the questions posted on here are just to rile people up.  I don't really mind the questions, it is what it is.  This is the internet and this is Cafemom, whatever someone wants to say can be said.  There have been plenty of times when the best answers picked to my questions aren't ones that actually agree with what I am saying.  Everyone has different opinions and I like hearing them.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I thought sites like this were here for moms to find SUPPORT and FRIENDS, not to have their every word (or God forbid, a typo) criticized.

it is, but it's also a site for women to express themselves and unload.

When I see the sites from aggrivated women, I just like to think that they are getting it out of their system on here, and hopefully not putting it out on their kids.

with so many members, you'll see a lot of things.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree with MrsHouston. Some people just want to find others that think like them and don't care if it's going to offend others.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• blinkys11 -I know it is... thats the last thing I said in my post lol. I'm not sure how it should be answered... just wanted to get it off my chest.

MrsHouston47302 - I like hearing about how different people think too, and having the opportunity to learn new things. I just don't see why so many women feel the need to be blatantly rude.
    mrsbvader

Comment by mrsbvader (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree with mrs.houston
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• ok. sorry.
    Anonymous

• The fact that some people are just blatantly rude is just life in general. Don't let yourself be affected by it. Just move on without judgement:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Honestly I love everything about Cafemom.  The snippy comments, the debates, etc.  I like the anonymous and the few anonymous who say the most outrageous things.  The anonymous keep things spicy here, lol.  Look at it as entertainment and it will change your whole view.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011