How many of you switched to formula after a few weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had to i could not get enuff milk for both my babies pluse one needed medical formula but i tryed
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I never breastfed, went straight to formula.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I tried really hard foe 3 weeks and decided breastfeeding just wasnt for me. I had one inverted nipple and my son has an overbite, If I pumped it hurt and if he nursed it hurt. At least you tried. I felt guilty for months about not being able to breastfeed but I gave it my best. Millions of babies use formula and are fine. There are alot of people on here who will make you feel bad for using formula.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i never breastfed my oldest son nor did i want to cuz i was afraid plus he was so little and not drinking enough to even get any thing so i wold have just been leaking constantly. With my second son i wanted to try but was scared to do so, so i didn't do it to him either so i just went on formula right away. But as i know wish i would have at least tried it one time.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I gave my son formula after a month. But I kept nursing until 4 months and I just barely had any milk after and I quit. I hated breastfeeding it was very messy, exhausting, irritating and my baby cried constantly. It was taking a big toll on my emotional health. My son is now 7 months he is healthy, happy, smiling and he's never gotten sick so far. Do what you think is right for you and focus on nurturing your baby that is the most important. If you can breastfeed for even a few weeks you are doing a good thing. If you absolutely can't, don't let it bother you.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 4:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Actually, I did kind of the opposite with my first. I had a hard time nursing, and didn't know much about it. By the time we left the hospital, she was 100% FF. Didn't try nursing again until she was 5 days old, and we had no problems. So, we switched from formula to breastfeeding. LOL
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i did breastfed for 2weeks but idk my milk was making her sick and she threw up everytime so i switched to formula
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011