American taxpayers paying for mosque building in ME?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaXuZ7ZWlOE&feature=player_embedded

Good googly moogly..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 12:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Really does it surprise you? It's an outragous use of funds, but somehow I'm not too surprised.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I'm a little irritated because taxpayer money is going to something religous. That whole separation of church and state thing should still apply. Not to mention there are tons and tons of problems here while millions go overseas.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• that is insane and needs to be addressed. I'm not surprised.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• The former Egyptian President has been on our payroll for 30 years too.

Yep, the US is busy financing the world, while her economy continues to tank.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think you ladies would be shocked if you knew some of the things we are paying for just in Afghanistan. How do you feel about pedophiles? There is an inner scandal going on right now, because our tax dollars are paying for the procurrment of prostitutes...which includes children AND homosexual ones.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• In the opening lines of the story (not the reporter intro) it is stated that mosques AND CHURCHES were involved in the Cairo sewer project. The story further states it's not just mosques but religious buildings. In fact, one of the background photos looked much more like a Christian cathedral than a mosque.

I also note as I do some research that the historic city of Cairo where these mosques are located is a World Heritage site. I wonder if that status had impact on the decision to put money into the work? And I wonder how any of you would feel about the US putting money into World Heritage sites that suffer damage? Many of those sites in other parts of the world are holy to a wide variety of faiths. Interestingly, the 21 WH sites in the US are not religious in nature.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/ The list of World Heritage sites.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It should not be.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Pay*not may
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Boggles the mind
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Goodwitch- WTH does a religious building have to do with terrorism? Are you intimating that all ME individuals who might worship in Mosques are terrorists, or is this posting all about drama???

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2011