In your opinion does Vaginal delivery or C-Section make more sense in this case?

per my previous posts, I have a baby girl with potential issues with her little brain.. now, I asked the Dr. I saw, can i deliver vaginally or c section... to me, it make more sense for the c section, cause of all the stress on the head from the birth canal... but im told vaginal is ok... im 31 weeks, so we will see what happens

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 12:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You could always get a second opinion but honestly if you trust your doctor I would just go with it. A csec is harder for you to recover from which means you'll have a more difficult time taking care of your little one. However I would make it clear to the doc that if when your in labor and the baby starts to stress that you want to have it done and done quickly. Just make sure you have the support at home so that both you and your bab get the best care.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• yeah the one dr at the hosp where ill be delivering said if her heart rate drops they wont do c section, i just want her to be ok and not do more damage
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I would go with the c-section in your case. I had one, and was up walking 10 hours later. The recovery isn't that bad.
    And with the possibility you will end up with one anyway, i would just choose it. Then you go in, knowing what is going to happen. Not stressing that anytime they may rush you into the OR under emergency circumstances. I would say that getting a second opinion is a good idea, but if they both tell you that a c-section is better for the baby, i would go with it. Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:50 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Sounds like a c-section would be the preferred option to lesser damage to the head.
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree with langley
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• id say c-section
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• It probably depends on the issues she has. If a vaginal delivery would be harder on her then avoid it of course.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Id do whatever your Dr reccomends
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011