How can I keep my "sanity" while juggling the important things in my life?

Feeling a little overwhelmed. I am juggling work, school, homework, motherhood, being a wife and raising a special needs child. I need advice on how to stay grounded and "sane" while juggling the important things in my life...=-O Help!!! Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Health

• Make sure you have a few minutes to breathe, just for yourself in silence. It really helps me.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Thanks so much, I will do that!! =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• keep your priorities straight , only the important has to be done , delegate chores and clean up if can-- so you arent doing it all , be proud of yourself for all you do , and check yourself for how much you think you are being taken for granted and do something about it.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• so you arent doing it all , be proud of yourself for all you do

I love that line!!! It's a good reminder that just because we don't get it all done doesn't mean we should get to feeling down and overlook the other accomplishments. For me, I try to prioritize, and to be honest things like cleaning fall farther down on my list as time goes on. I used to spend 2 days cleaning for a visit from the in-laws. Now I give the house a once over before they come and say the hell with the rest of it. I used to be childless and have time to devote to such tasks, and now my dd needs my time and attention and I am not willing to sacrifice that to mop floors. I am also lucky to have a DH who realizes we are both responsible for our child and our home so it doesn't all fall on my shoulders. I think you do the best you can and you give attention to the most important things first and the rest will be there when you get around to it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Take a little time for yourself to unwind. Little the little stuff go. Make a list of what you need to do each day, that will help.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I agree with the list idea. I am a list person and it keeps me focused. Also find what you need each day to regroup...........hot bath, reading, stretching, etc
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Be sure you take some time for yourself!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011