Do you own a scroll saw?

Do you own a scroll saw and is it worth the money? Do you have a suggestion for a name brand that has worked well for you? Can you do intricate work with it?

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 25, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Sorry.........I was just talking this over with DH and he got the names backwards. He has a jigsaw and band saw.  Both are Craftsman.  He has been happy with both.  But he does not have a scroll saw and that is the one which can be used for more intricate work.  Our son has one and my husband is very jealous!!  It is worth it if you will be doing a lot of neat things with it.  Sorry about the mix up!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:08 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• My DH has a Craftsman which he has used many times over the years. He doesn't use it as much now because he has a band saw. He felt both saws were well worth it. He also says that for real intricate work the ideal would be to have a jigsaw.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:00 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• nope but a have a drill?
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:54 AM on Feb. 28, 2011